Take Action Against COVID is an independent, self-funded, grassroots, non-partisan and Saskatchewan-based group, formed to demand that the provincial government address the COVID pandemic with adequate and mandatory public health measures, instead of ‘voluntary’ approaches which have led to wave after wave of COVID illness, injury and death overwhelming our hospitals.
We act because:
- We love and want to protect our children under the age of five years.
- We care about our vulnerable citizens – no one should have to suffer with COVID infection, deal with possible long-term consequences of the disease or be a risk of losing their life.
- We want to support all our frontline workers – healthcare, food distribution, retail.
Our goal is to urge Premier Scott Moe and Health Minister Paul Merriman to take immediate action to mitigate the spread of COVID in the province of Saskatchewan by:
- Immediately addressing low vaccination rates in targeted age cohorts and communities with low updates with outreach strategies, staffing and funding.
- Immediately addressing the crisis in our hospitals (ERs, ICUs and COVID Care Units) by supporting adequate staffing and resources.
- Mandating and providing necessary resources to Public Health for TTI – Testing, Tracing and Isolating of all COVID positive cases and their confirmed contacts during period of established communicability.
- Cooperating with Provincial and Federal governments to support and implement a vaccinated identification program for events, businesses and travel.
Take Action Against COVID is also committed to stopping COVID-19 and vaccine misinformation and disinformation. We will soon have a resource area on this website addressing and correcting Saskatchewan-specific vaccine/COVID-19 disinformation.
Note: Our group began working together under the name Concerned Citizens for COVID Action. We changed it to make the group’s name more self-explanatory and less exclusionary. You may see some materials and graphics on the site reflect our earlier name.