Our website address is: https://www.actionagainstcovid.ca.
Why do we ask you to sign up for a mailing list?
- Sending supporters updates by email is more effective than a Facebook page, Twitter or other social media platforms for keeping everyone updated about Take Action Against COVID’s important campaign events. On average, because of the Facebook “algorithm,” you see only 7% of the updates of a Facebook page, unless you actually visit the page often. While Facebook is necessary for this campaign, emails are just better at prompting us than Facebook.
- Our Facebook page can reach more people with paid ads, but these are expensive. Facebook advertising adds up, in spite of the fact that they are demonstrated to be seen by fewer people over time.
- With that said, please subscribe to our e-newsletter! If you’re cautious about signing up for things— and good for you if you are— please read further about how we use your contact info when you subscribe.
What do we do with your contact information?
- We only use your contact info to facilitate you finding out about and getting to events related to establishing and restoring protective pandemic policies.
- We never, ever share, rent, or sell our mailing list, or your contact information, with/to anyone else, even with groups whose goals we share.
- You can un-subscribe from our announcement list at any time with a link in the bottom of the email.
- The only instance your contact info is shared with anyone outside of ourselves is when signing a petition.
Tracking created by ‘remarketing’ website code
We use a tool called Facebook Pixel that tracks conversions, which adds a tracker to all of our webpages, which reports on actions people take after viewing ads we have created on Facebook. “Conversion tracking” helps Take Action Against COVID measure the return on our investment in Facebook ads, by reporting on the actions people take after viewing those ads. No personal information is contained in, or collected, as a result of using these cookies or pixels.
Opting out of remarketing pixels and technologies
Please use the following link to help you opt-out of any remarketing pixels and technologies: https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Other privacy information
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you donate or subscribe through our website, your contact info is in our website database for 30 days.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Form submissions are checked through an automated spam detection service but are not otherwise shared outside of organization, with the one exception being e-petitions (where your email is shared with the target of the petition).